ALL INDIA POSTAL CASUAL, PART TIME CONTINGENT AND CONTRACT WORKERS FEDERATION
Central Head Quarters, NEW DELHI
No. aipcpccwf/regularization/tn/7-2 DT.2-09-2020
Dept of posts
New Delhi 110 001
Sub- Non implementation of Directorate orders
In r/o regularization of casual labour-reg
This is regarding non Implementation of Directorate orders in r/o regularization of casual labour in MTS/GDS vacancies.
1. Even though clear orders from Directorate & MTS recruitment rules are modified by reserving 25% vacancies to casual labour those working prior to 1-9-93 and clarifications issued stating that they are exempted from sponsoring through employment exchange and only proof of working is required.
But unfortunately the same are not being implemented in many circles particularly TAMILNADU, WEST BENGAL and many divisions in other circles stating that there are no casual laborers. But again Directorate circulated clarificatory orders issued in 1988 stating clearly
Who are casual labours. But circles/divisions are totally ignoring those clarificatory orders while taking decision.
As such kind SECRETARY is requested to examine the issue and instructions may be issued to implement the Directorate orders in true spirit and help poor casual labours who are working with utmost sincerity and devotion.
While issuing these orders Directorate issued clear directions not to engage casual labour in direct vacancies but the same was not implemented in our department and continued to engage casual labour. Various courts discussed this issue and hon’ble AP HIGH COURT issued direction to regularize full time casual labour who worked for 240 days in a year and part time casual labour who worked two years are to be regularized. This was implemented to those who are party in the court case but not implemented to others.
2. Regarding absorption against GDS vacancies orders issued by Directorate vide memo no. 17-141/88-EDC&TRG Dated6-6-1988 and reiterated again vide memo no.17-39/4/2012-GDSdated 14-1-2015. But unfortunately these orders are cancelled vide lr.no.17-31/2016-GDA dated 30-10-2019 stating Kamalesh Chandra committee report which is a big blow to casual labour.
Even the orders issued in 2015 were not implemented even though number of eligible casual labour are there. At least if the GDS vacancies for the years 2015 to 2019 are implemented number of casual labour should have been regularized. But unfortunately the same was not happened.
This entire situation shows that the lower level authorities are not at all taking it seriously and almost in Toto not implementing the Directorate orders in r/o casual labour. Because of this negligence even though they are working with devotion to duty and sincearity, they are not being treated as workers in the Department. As such we request the kind SECRETARY to issue instructions to lower level on the items mentioned below:-
1. IMPLIMENTATION OF MTS RECRUITMENT RULES STRICTLY IN R/O 25% VACANCIES TO CASUAL LABOUR BY IDENTIFYING CASUAL LABOUR AS PER 1988 CLARIFICATORY ORDERS AND EXTENDING THE CUTOFF DATE AS 30-6-2020 INSTEAD OF 1-9-93 AND RELAXING THE CONDITIONS OF SPONSORNGTHROUGH EMPLOYMENT EXCHANGE & SHOULD HAVE APPOINTMENT ORDER,AS NOT HAVING APPOINTMENT ORDER IS NOT HIS FAULT.
2. IN R/O ABSORBING IN GDS VACANCIES THE ORDER ISSUED CANCELLING ABSORBTION AGAINST GDS VACANCIES VIDE LETTER DATED 30-10-2019 MAY BE WITHDRAWN AND ALL FULL TME CASUAL LABOUR WHO WORKED 240 DAYS IN A YEAR AND PART TIME CASUAL LABOUR WORKED TWO YEARS MAY BE ABSORBED AS PER THEIR SENIORITY, WHICH WAS APPROVED BY APEX COURT JUDGEMENT AND IMPLIMENTED TO THOSE WHO APPROACHED THE COURT.
3. IT IS REQUESTED TO ISSUE INSTRUCTIONS TO PREPARE SENIORITYLIST OF CASUAL LABOUR IN EACH DIVISION ACCORDING TOTHEIR WORKING YEARS TAKING 240 DAYS IN A YEAR AS CRETARIA AND FALLOWING CLARIFICATION ON WHO IS CASUAL LABOUR ISSUED IN 1988 AND REITERATED AGAIN.
FINALLY WE REQUEST THE KIND SECRETARY TO EXAMNE THE ISSUE KEEPING IN VIEW THE SERVICE RENDERED BY THEM IN THE DEPARTMENT WITH UTMOST SINCEARITY AND DEVOTION AND HELP THESE LOW PAID WORKERS IN THE DEPARTMENT, AS SECRETARY IS COMPETENT TO TAKE DECESION.
WITH A HOPE THAT SECRETARY WILL TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION IN THIS ISSUE AND A LINE IN REPLY IS SOLICITED.
THANKING YOU SIR,
[M.KRISNAN] [Y. NAGABHUSHANAM] [P. MOHAN]
PRESIDENT WKG.PRESIDENT GENERAL SECRETARY
COPY TO: COM.R.N.PARASAR,SECRETARY GENERAL,NFPE WITH A REQUEST TO PERSUE THE MATTER WITH SECRETARY POST FOR N/ORDERS.