ALL INDIA POSTAL CASUAL, PART TIME CONTINGENT & CONTRACT WORKERS FEDERATION.
APPEAL TO ALL CASUAL, PART TIME CONTINGENT & CONTRACT WORKERS OF DEPARTMENT OF POSTS.
We express our sincere thanks to POSTAL JCA for their efforts to settle our demands. POSTAL JCA consisting of NFPE,FNPO &GDS UNIONS highlighted our demands and included them in the charter of demands of indefinite strike notice submitted to DG POST on 15-12-2011 which is going to be conducted from 17-01-2012.
OUR MAIN DEMANDS INCLUDED IN THE CHARTER OF DEMANDS
1. REVISION OF WAGES OF ALL CASUAL,PT CONTINGENT WORKERS ON PAR WITH REGULAR EMPLOYEES AS PER THE REVISED WAGES OF 6TH CPC AND PAYMENT OF ARREARS FROM 1-1-2006.
While discussions with DG POST during last strike notice it was assured that orders will be issued for revised wages and drawl of arrears to pre 1993 workers with a month and for arrears to others it will be favorably sent to finance for approval. But the same was not implemented.
2. REGULARISATION OF CONTINGENT WORKERS BY CONVERTING ALL PTP POSTS AS GDS AND UPGRADING THE PRESENT INCUMBANTS AS GDS AGAINST THOSE POSTS ON ONE TIME MEASURE.
After the discussions in our first convention it was decided to place this proposal before the committee appointed by the department on the issues of casual labor and the same was submitted to the CHARMAN of the committee by our federation. Now this was placed as demand in the strike charter by JCA .
3. CONVERTION OF PTCL”S AS FTCL BY COMBINING THE POSTS OF PART TIME AND GRANTING TEMPORARY STATUS TO ALL PTCL’S BY REIRERATING DOP ORDER NO. 45-14/92-SPB-I DT. 16-9-92.
Even though orders were issued earlier this was not implemented in many circles due to which years together casual employees were suffered without regularization. In the last agreement it was assured that the earlier orders will be reiterated. But till date orders were not issued. Now it was kept as demand in the charter.
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE WE REQUEST THE JCA LEADERS TO KEEP THE FOLLOWING DEMANDS ALSO IN THEIR VIEW WHICH WERE RESOLVED IN THE 1ST ALL INDIA CONVENTION OF OUR FEDERATION.
1. TO REITERATE THE EARLIER ORDERS OF DOP NO. 55-24/88-SPB-I DT. 17-3-89 CLARIFYING WHO ARE CASUAL LABOUR .OTHER WISE IN MOST OF THE CIRCLES MANY CASUAL LABOUR ARE NOT RECGNISED AS CASUAL LABOUR RAISING DOUBTS ON WHO SHOULD BE TRATED ASS CASUAL LABOUR.
2. ALL THE PTCL’S WHO WORKED FOR 480 DAYS IN 2 YEARS MAY BE TREATED AS TEMPORARY STATUS CASUAL LABOUR FOR THE PURPOSE OF RECRUITMENT AS PER THE HON’BLE CAT HYD. JUDGEMENT IN OA NO. 388/1998 WHICH WAS RATIFIED BY AP HIGH COURT IN WP. NO. 17048/2000 AND SLP FILED BY THE DEPARTMENT IN APEX COURT WAS DISMISSED IN 2011. BUT THE SAME WAS IMPLIMENTED ONLY TO THOSE WHO APPROACHED COURT ONLY. AS SUPREME COURT DIRECTED THIS SHOULD BE APPLIED TO ALL THE PART TIME CASUAL LABOUR.
3. AS PER THE COMMITMENT GIVEN TO JCA THE ORDERS OF THE DEPARTMENT TO GIVE PRIORITY TO CASUAL LABOUR IN GDS VACANCIES VIDE DOP. NO. 17-141/88-EDC&TRG DT. 6-6-88 MAY BE REITERATED AND IMPLIMENTED.
4. ALL THE BENEFITS GIVEN TO UNORGANISED SECTOR WORKERS I.E. PENSION,ESI ETC MAY BE EXTENDED TO CASUAL LABOUS ALSO.
5. TO ISSUE IDENTITY CARDS TO ALL CASUAL LABOUR WORKING IN THE DEPARTMENT AS MOST OF THEM ARE WORKING AGAINST REGULAR VACANCIES OF GDS,MTS,MG& POSTMAN.
6. TO REVISE THE HOURLY RATE OF SDS KEEPING IN VIEW THE REVESIED WAGES OF REGULAR EMPLOYEES AND INCREASE IN DA AND LIMIT ON THEIR WORKING HOURS MAY BE EXTENDED TO 100 HOURS IN A MONTH.
KEEPING IN VIEW THE ABOVE ALL THE CASUAL, PARTTIME CONTINGENT& CONTRACT WORKERS ,SHORT DUTY STAFF WORKING IN THE DEPARTMENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INDEFINITE STRIKE FROM 17-01-2012 CONDUCTING BY POSTAL JCA AND MAKE IT A GRAND SUCCESS FOR BETTERMENT OF OUR SERVECES AND WORKING CONDITIONS.
SPECIAL APPEAL TO ALL CIRCLE & DVNL. SECRETARIES OF NFPE AFFLIATED UNIONS,AIPEDEU
AS IN SOME CIRCLES FORMATION OF FEDERATION OF CASUAL LABOUR IS IN FORMATION STAGE YOU ARE REQUESTED TO ORGANISE THESE WORKERS AND
MAKE THEM TO JOIN IN THE INDEFINATE SRIKE AND MAKE IT GRAND SUCCESS.
WORKERS UNITY ZINDABAD…
POSTAL JCA ZINDABAD …
WITH STRUGGLE GREETINGS,
C.C. PILLAI Y.NAGABHUSHANAM M. MOHANPRESIDENT. WORKING PRESIDENT GENERAL SECRETARY
Post a Comment