ALL INDIA POSTAL CASUAL, PART TIME CONTINGENT AND CONTRACT WORKERS FEDERATION
Central Head Quarters, NEW DELHI
REPORT ON ACTIVITIES OF OUR UNION SUBMITTED & APPROVED IN CWC HELD ON 15TH AUG 2016 AT CHENNAI
I welcome all CWC MEMBERS & others who are attending this cwc which is being held at Chennai as per the decision taken in our last AIC held at BADNERA [Maharashtra].
1. AIC AT BADNERA – Our AIC was conducted successfully at BADNERA, AMARAVATHI [Maharashtra] on 27th, 28th Dec 2015. Reception committee with com. Kishore Talke, D/S PIII as General Secretary made very good arrangements and held successfully. In the AIC new executive body was formed unanimously with COM. C.C. PILLAI as advisor, COM. M. KRISNAN, as president, COM. Y. NAGABHUSHANAM, as working President, COM. P. MOHAN, as General Secretary, COM. SIVAGURUNATHAN as treasurer and other office bearers fro all states. We convey our thanks to reception committee for making good arrangements.
2. CONDOLENCE- we pay our homage to those prominent personalities of various fields who passed away during this period. We pay our homage to various trade union leaders also who passed away. We express deep sorrow and extend condolences to their family members who lost their lives in floods, accidents during this period.
3. MASS DHARNA BEFORE DIRECTORATE ON 7TH FEB 2016- as per the decision taken in the AIC Mass Dharna was conducted before DAK BHAVAN and memorandum was submitted to DG POST on the demands decided in AIC. NFPE and its all affiliate unions extended solidarity and support to our programme and participated. The main demands are a] Payment of revised wages to ftcl/ptcl from 1-1-2006 by implementing the Directorate orders b] regularize all ptcl/ftcl by implementing APEX COURT directions.
As per the latest position available in all most all circles wages were revised but arrears were not paid on the plea of non allocation of sufficient funds in the budget. Our union and NFPE pursued the matter with DG POST. Again DGPOST issued clarificatory orders on 17-6-2016. But still payment arrears are pending in many circles. This CWC should discuss on this issue and suggest further action for settlement of the issue.
4. REVISION OF WAGES AS PER 7TH CPC WAGES- Already orders issued for implementation
Of 7TH CPC BY 31ST august TO ALL REGULAR EMPLOYEES & PENSIONERS. But till date orders are not issued for revision of casual labor wages. This CWC should demand revision of wages basing on minimum of level-1 of pay matrix i.e. Rs.18000/- and eligible DA from time to time.
5. REGARDING REGULARISATION- Our struggle is continuing. Now it is a positive factor that CCGEW & NJCA also included this demand in charter of demands for which we extend our sincere thanks to those organizations.
6. CHARACTER OF PRESENT GOVT.& OUR ROLE - If we go through the actions of present GOVT. unless we show our strength unitedly by mobilizing the workers and conduct agitations unitedly GOVT. will not reverse their attitude towards workers and continue their anti labor policies.
in this background the strike call given by all trade unions on 2nd September is the correct step towards united struggle. Entire working class should participate in the strike. This cwc appeals to all casual ,contract & daily rated mazdoors in the Department to participate in the 2nd September strike intoto.
7. ON 7TH CPC –even though Cabinet approved the 7th cpc report in the last hour a committee was appointed with 4 ministers to discuss with unions and that committee assured in writing that three high level committees will be appointed on minimum wage, fitment formula, allowances and implementation of NPS and decision will be taken in four months. Basing on that assurance in writing the strike programme was deferred. But till date only two committees one on allowances and another on NPS was nominated but no committee was formed on minimum wage & fitment formula. As GOVT. is adamant if required immediate action is required for implementation of assurances. This CWC expresses its support and assures NJCA that all casual employees will participate in all programmes given by NJCA.
8. This CWC appeals to all -ALL India/Circle/ Divisional branches of NFPE unions to take interest in forming the union of casual labour in all circles/ divisions.
9. This cwc appeals TO ALL -CASUAL LABOUR to join in our organization and strengthen our organization so that we can fight effectively against this GOVT. and settle our demands.
WORKERS UNITY ZINDABAD.