PROPOSED ONE DAY STRIKE AT PONDICHERY DIVISION, TAMILNADU CIRCLE. SETTLEMENT OF 38 POINT CHARTER OF DEMANDS BY NFPE/FNPO P3 AND P4 UNIONS
A one day strike was announced on 09.07.2013 , by NFPE/FNPO P 3 & P4 unions, requesting for settlement of 38 point charter of demands at Pondichery Division , in Tamilnadu circle.
Main charter of demands are
1. Shortage of staff and requesting for utilization of short duty pensioners/eligible willing GDS/outsiders to manage the vacant posts of P.A.s.
2. Cash conveyance should be streamlined on day-to-day basis with full protection; conveyance of taxi/auto fare to be paid with/remuneration should be paid with for the staff engaged/escorted.
3. Actual auto fare with remuneration should be paid with for mail conveyance between S.O.s and while entrusted with , due to non plying of MMS.
4. Irregular transfer orders issued to six MACP officials to long distance S.O.s on the plea of seniority, to be withdrawn .
5. Revision of FSC/drawal of fresh Divisional gradation list.
6. Permitting outsiders and age barred GDS to work in Postmen/MTS vacancies on leaves/ vacant places.
7. Combination of beats should not be insisted upon.
1. First phase demonstration was conducted on 04.06.2013 in front of Pondichery HPO.
2. Strike notice was served to the administration and Labour Commissioner on 14.06.2013.
3. Discussions were held with the Divisional administration on 17.06.2013 and failed.
4. Second phase demonstration was conducted on 22.06.2013 in front of Pondichery HPO
5. Conciliatory talks were held before Asst. Labour Commissioner (Central) on 27.06.2013
6. Circle union intervened with the Regional administration on 29.06.2013 seeking for exclusive talks
Bilateral talks with the Regional administration and Circle Unions (involving Divisional union) held on 01.07.2013 and settlement made recording the minutes. Com. J. Ramamurthy, Circle Secretary, P3, NFPE and Com. G.P. Muthukrishnan, Circle Secretary, P3, FNPO lead the delegation. Copy of minutes are published in TN Circle Union web site.
Strike was officially announced as withdrawn on 04.07.2013 before the Asst. Labour Commissioner (Central), Pondy.
SDPAs/GDS permitted to work in vacant posts; age barred GDS are allowed to work in vacant/leave place of postmen/MTS; Suitable auto / taxi fare allowed for conveyance of cash and mail ; suitable remuneration allowed for that ; irregular transfer orders issued to 6 MACP officials cancelled/ modified; surplus staff working at Divisional office withdrawn; Combination of beats will not be insisted upon ETC.
NFPE R4 & R3 JOINT STRUGGLE PROGRAMME IN WEST BENGAL CIRCLE CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
PRE-SORTING OF MAILS –SUNDAY HOLIDAY WORKING: Secretary (Posts) has informed that the orders will be reviewed next week after reaching Dehli on Monday. At present Secretary (Posts) is on tour at Assam and NE. We hope that our request to cancel the orders or to keep the orders in abeyance will be considered favourably. If not, Central JCA will declare serious agitational programmes. Wait- M. Krishnan SG NFPE.
For the past 5 years to manage the sorting asst vacant places in mail offices nearly 130 to 140 outsiders having +2 qualifications and above are working in all units of RMS CB Dn for sorting unregd articles and sometimes in regd branches also. They are working on hourly rate fixed by Dist collectors. This is a meagre amount [Rs.36/-per hour]. Ignoring the prevailing ground realities, Western regional administration all of a sudden abruptly terminated the services of outsiders on 26.6.13 which resulted in accumulation of mails in heaps in front of mail offices. JCA immediately convened and decided to conduct TU programme by arranging gate meetings, demonstrations insisting the administration to withdraw the order and restore normalcy. The programme which JCA conducted were published in daily newspapers. In this background Circle Secretary Com. K. Sankaran R3, J.Ramamoorthi Circle Secretary P3 met PMG MM at Chennai on 28.6.13 and appraised the situation and requested to restore statusquo so as to facilitate to clear the pending mails.
On the part of outsiders they were well determined and very strong .In this background administration withdraw the termination order and permitted all outsiders for sorting and they were also now performing duties as earlier
FAMILY MEMBERS OF MISSING GOVT EMPLOYEE ELIGIBLE FOR PENSIONCLICK HERE FOR DETAILS / BS NEWS
INDIA POST NEEDS TO BECOME A CORPORATE FOR BANKING FORAY CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS/ BS NEWS
e-Pension/e-PPO/e-revision of Pension: Minutes of Meeting CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
PAYMENT OF PENSION TO THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT PENSIONERS- CONTINUATION OF EITHER OR SURVIVOR PENSION ACCOUNT AFTER DEATH OF A PENSIONER: RBI'S INSTRUCTION CLICK HERE FOR DETAILSM.Krishnan
Secretary General NFPE
SIMPLIFICATION OF PENSION PROCESS FOR PERMANENTLY DISABLED CHILDREN/SIBLINGS AND DEPENDENT PARENTS - INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING. (Click the link below for details)